Overlooking the Long Bay Marine Reserve, Tiritiri Matangi Island and the Whangaparaoa Peninsula, Sir Peter Blake MERC can accommodate up to 89 people at any time for overnight stays. Our facilities include separate teacher/leader accommodation for schools, a multi-purpose hall, wheelchair access throughout the facility and a large kitchen and dining hall (catering can be provided upon request).
WHAT WE OFFER
Sir Peter Blake Marine Education and Recreation Centre offer a range of residential or off-site engaging educational experiences to cater to the individual needs of schools, corporates, private and other not-for-profit groups.
You are able to choose from half day experiences, full day experiences or multi-day experiences. These are run by qualified and passionate MERC staff dedicated to fulfilling our vision of being New Zealand’s recognised leader in marine environmental outdoor education, while also providing your group with an unforgettable team experience!
Experiences at Sir Peter Blake MERC fall under the below categories:
- Base your experience at our facility nestled in between Long Bay Marine Reserve and Long Bay Regional Park
- Equipment and accommodation readily at hand
- Enhance your MERC experience with our team and equipment
- Leasing or assisting your team to deliver to your brief
- EOTC Linking to core competencies and school curriculum