If your child is aged between 7-13 years and is enthusiastic about marine life, adventure and the outdoors, Sir Peter Blake Marine Education and Recreation Centre offer fantastic holiday programmes in between school terms and in the summer holiday season.
Our holiday programmes are led by qualified and passionate MERC staff who are dedicated to our vision of providing life changing marine environmental education and outdoor experiences for young New Zealanders.
Our holiday programme adventures provide your child with the opportunity to experience a MERC mission. MERC missions are themed around marine and land-based adventures. These missions can include a variety of activities and are dependent on conditions and group dynamics.
Timing and Pricing
- Activities commence at 9.00am and conclude at 4.00pm
- A regular session costs $45 per child per day with drop offs available from 8.00am and pick-ups to 4.30pm
- Early drop-offs from 7.30am-8.00am are charged an additional $5 per child
- Late pick-ups from 4.30pm-6.00pm are charged an additional $5 per child
If your child is booked in with our School Holiday Programme, please ensure they bring:
- Daypack - morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, drink bottle, sun hat, sun block, lip screen
- Solid Footwear (sturdy, comfortable sand shoes, no jandals)
- Windproof jacket
- Warm clothes and spare clothes - including warm shirt, long pants, woolen hat, socks
- Shorts and t-shirt (no singlets please)
- Swimming togs and towel
- Plastic bag for dirty and wet clothes
- We would prefer that mobile phones are not brought on this programme. We are happy for your child(ren) to use our office phone.
Please note that MERC do not offer refunds or day swaps for the School Holiday Programme.