Located just a few metres from the sea, say ‘I do’ with the stunning backdrop of the Long Bay, Okura Marine Reserve and the outer Hauraki Gulf, with a glass hall for receptions taking full advantage of this view. MERC as a venue will enhance your special day that will stand out forever for you, your family and your friends.
A wedding at Sir Peter Blake MERC is able to offer a venue befitting your memorable event with seating space for up to 80 guests, an in-built AV system, hall facilities and a full commercial kitchen, meaning that all facilities are included in your package.
This affordable venue is one of a kind in the Long Bay area and flows into a large outdoor space, perfect during the hot summer months. There is adequate shade under the Norfolk pines, plenty of space for children, and the facility also has a fully covered deck area. Having access to a venue with such close environmental ties, any wedding here truly brings the beauty of the outdoors inside and is sure to leave a lasting impression on your special day.
In addition to the venue, there are wonderful photo opportunities of and on the beach, Long Bay Regional Park and the hills overlooking the Hauraki Gulf which makes this a great option for versatility and connection with nature.
We pride ourselves on being an environmentally friendly venue and in our position of being Kaitiaki of the Marine Reserve. Because of this, we politely ask our guests to respect that we are a smoke-free venue, to avoid the use of confetti, and be respectful of our neighbours by winding loud music up by midnight.
Standard Wedding package includes:
- Access to the Sir Peter Blake MERC venue from Friday 6.00pm until Sunday 9.00am.
- Exclusive use of our stunning main hall area for up to 80 guests.
- Exclusive access to a large kitchen area (ideal for food preparation) and the dining area for the full hire period.
- An accessible washroom facility in the hall & 2 washrooms in the dining area.
- Rubbish collection fees and sundry items
- 20 trestle tables and 80 chairs